SITEC X GameDev Academy - Gaming Course 1 : "Video Game Development in Unity”
- Practical real-world hands-on training from industry experts
- Master game architecture through design and implementation of popular game genres
- Learn Unity’s editor and features
- Intensive, deep-dive into game development and Unity
- As the game is created in iterations, participants will learn and apply a range of techniques. Best practices for each process will be introduced and applied throughout.
- By the end of the course, participants will have a working game examples built by the participant that can be used as a starting point for their own projects.
- Day 1 – Unity3D Principles: A tool that bring you into GameDev world
- Day 2 – 2D Game Pipeline: Concept of 2D Game
- Day 3 – 2D Game Wrap up: Build a classic side-scrolling Game
- Day 4 – 3D Game Pipeline: Concept of 3D Game
- Day 5 – 3D Game Wrap up: Get your 3D shooter game ready
- Alex Ong – Alex is currently the Game Producer of Pixels Tail that focuses on mobile game development. He occasionally shares his technical knowledge on Unity in public developer conferences and in group training for new mobile developer startups. Alex is the game design lead for various projects and has honed his managing skill for different production workflows. Alex has overseen many successful game launches involving various genres including VR games, casual PC games, hardcore MMOs and Facebook social gaming. Skilled in managing and game design, Alex knows how to optimize project workflow and enhance team cooperation.
- Normal Price: RM12,000
- Early Bird: RM6,000
- Super Early Bird: RM3,000
Are you Qualified?
- This is an opportunity for you to meet and work with some of the best mentors in the game development scene to ensure you receive maximum value and benefit from this programme. As such, we’re open for any one who are passionate in game development scene.
- Get access to funding and business opportunities, talents must be certified by completing the GDA’s Talent Assessment Programme (TAP) & Game Accelerator Programme.
- Malaysian/ Non-Malaysian able to commit for the entire 5 days of the programme.
- An individual who have basic computing concept with/without coding skill.
- Game development background is NOT required.
- Companies/schools/startups are encouraged to send your teams if you’re: Game dev studio, XR (AR/VR) studio, any corporate companies or schools (Kindergarten to University) with a product implemented Gamification Design.
Enquiry & Registration:
- Havene Liew, 0123980702
- Salman Ahmad, 0172609960
**This Gaming Course is brought to you by SITEC in collaboration with GameDev Academy. Supported by Invest Selangor.
About GamDev Academy:
Global game revenue tops US$137.9 billion in 2018. There’re 2.3 billion gamers cross the globe. Today’s game market is worth more than music & movie combined. Malaysia Government is investing in growing digital game economy. The quality of a country’s digital environment helps to support strong economic growth. And unite the young generation through esport. GameDev Academy (GDA) provides game project funding access, business matching and raise talent for the digital game workplace. Companies and schools are able to level up their teams or recruit the collaborators that they need in order to undertake this transformation. Our approach evokes from our students creative, practical, and sensible solutions to a wide array of technical challenges and demands– solutions that closely match the types of challenges and demands omnipresent in today’s game industrial sector. Our mission is to offer to you a better chance at succeeding in the field of game industry. We see it as open opportunities for social advancement in Malaysia.
SITEC (Selangor Information Technology and E-Commerce Council) was initiated by Selangor State Government in 2015. We conduct a series of seminars aiming at increasing the e-Commerce know-how for Small and Medium Enterprises. We also host forums and discussion panels inviting emerging and successful e-commerce entrepreneurs to share their stories and real-world experiences. We hope this can serve as the catalyst for the traditional industry to transform their business successfully online and help Selangor to stay at the forefront of social-economy growth driven by this new and fast growing world of e-commerce.