A lot of us are aware of typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — and you don’t even https://camsloveaholics.com/couples/babes know if you haven’t.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from about the world, listed here are 50 unusual or out-of-use expressions that you ought to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or checking some body out, British term refers to examining the item of the affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – exceedingly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Example: “Did you notice her in the club today? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer appear to be vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. The phrase denotes that she’s the not the nature to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and is true of a far more look that is natural.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young looking for older males; see also: Chicken hawk, talking about a mature homosexual male interested in more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for starting up in public restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male who’s dishonorably released through the Navy for his or her sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after wanting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others take part in sexual intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male utilized by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kiddies of the married “heterosexual” lover.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having several intimately Transmitted disease at a time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently looking for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – often utilized to explain an aging homosexual male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron and their compatriots to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain into the sixteenth century to make reference to an untameable, crazy girl or a tomboy.
19. Ice cream (n. ) – some body so sweet that there is the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual males who’ve a romantic but relationship that is non-sexual often close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – individual in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never ever emerge.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to an extremely effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to get other individuals’ mates.
26. Fortunate Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman within an Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – acutely negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay has existed the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. Regarding the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See also: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – someone who has also been separated with.
32. On the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term discussing an incredibly straight-acting and typically masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who works the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the business of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Night Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians who prove as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and could be within the wardrobe to buddies and co-workers.
38. Pants (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term up to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or “Kissing Fish. ”
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, often more pejorative, because it suggests a” demeanor that is“bitchy.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males who venture out interested in hookups later during the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can perhaps maybe perhaps not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a gay male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: if you’re in Germany, you’ve surely heard that one. English and American German-speakers have actually a negative practice of saying “Ich bin” that is warm hot days, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – A caucasian individual.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in amongst the two poles; much like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for the club whose clients primarily contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in public places, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy which takes invest a general public area, just like a bathhouse or a club.
Note: Autostraddle possesses great a number of lady-centric queer expressions, a number of that have been included right right here. Always check out of the sleep on the web site. Madison Moore has also a listing explaining best wishes gay slang that is black.
Get the very best of attention Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and acquire top tales through the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
Concerning the author
Find out about believe Catalog and our authors on our about page.